Friday, April 18, 2008

Miss Priss


Ella is a girl. A very girly girl. It must be genetic, because I know she didn't get it from our behavior. Every morning, about 5 minutes after she wakes up, she asks to wear a dress. It got so ridiculous that we had to institute a rule of 1 dress a day.

The other day she wasn't wearing a dress for a while at the beginning of the day. She even let me put shorts and a shirt on her. Then she started asking, and I said no, because we had to go soon. I went to get ready and she went into her room and quickly came back into my room wearing a dress. I didn't know she could change so fast. She saw my expression and quickly raised one finger and said confidently, "One dress, daddy". Geez, what could I say.
She spends about 10 minutes twirling in front of the mirror every time I do put a dress on her. And her dolls or animals often tell each other, "Oh, I like your dress", "Thank you".

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

isn't that funny how they are so their own person? especially noticable with clothes? for a good year ellen was hard core with skirts and tights. EVERY day. then for a short month she wore only pants. and now she's discovered the world of dresses. and isaiah insists on wearing multiple shirts layered on top of each other. he usually has three, but if its a warm day he'll go with two.
:)
what a great picture of ella!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Kiert said...

That is great :) Don't you love it how they can weasel their little ways into anything?

7:33 PM  
Blogger LaTonya said...

Such a great photo!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin and Ian,

Suzanne is the same way. At 3 1/2 she will change clothes ten times a day if I let her. She loves dresses and jewelry and LIP GLOSS! Which she calls Glip Gloss! But she is tough as nails. My banged up, bruised up beauty queen!

Love you!
Eileen & Dean in PA

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home