Saturday, September 05, 2009

Update

Okaaaay, so we are kind of switching again. I (ian) taught ESL this summer at a private school, and I was going to switch back to homemaker extraordinaire, but I got a call from my former boss in Torrance Adult School, and they wanted me to teach for about 16 hrs/wk in the morning. The night before, Erin and I had been talking about the fact that it would only be worth working if I worked in the morning (while Ella is in preschool), if I worked at a site closer to home, and if I worked for Torrance Adult School. I didn't think I would get a call because of the recent cutbacks. But lo and behold, I got what I wanted!
We will have to put Judah in day care for 4 hours a day. That will be the 1st time we've done that, so we're a little unsure about it. It is difficult to find good day care that is not too expensive.

Erin is back teaching at Centennial High School in Compton. She is teaching reading again, and not doing too much admin stuff (although she still is doing some). She is glad to be back with students again. That's the haps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian, this sounds absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!

Uncle Bud

5:06 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

great news! and daycare is a tough decision but there can be a lot of positives too... just be sure they're licensed!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home