Saturday, June 10, 2006

More Updates

Well, it' s been an interesting ride this last week. After having done a ton of work setting up testing to place students in summer school, I was told at the beginning of the week that I would not be teaching summer school. What?!! I got really upset, then accepted it (after all, I am taking summer school classes at night myself) and wondered if maybe Compton Unified is really where I am meant to be. So, just when I resigned myself, they called me on Thursday to tell me I will be teaching. What in the world?! Make up your minds, why doncha!However, I still have not been officially reinstated by the district, so we will see what happens. It has been frustrating, to say the least. Here I am, going to school to learn about literacy, which they desperately need, and they aren't taking advantage of it. Anyone else ever feel like they are casting pearls to swine?
In other news, Ian is doing curriculum again this summer, a job we think will be a nice break from crazy kids, though we still don't know what either one of us is doing in the Fall. So, we know just what is in front of us, but no further. But, isn't that how God works sometimes? I guess if we really knew what was in store for us, we would freak out.
Please keep praying for the future for us. The ideal is for Ian to be teaching high school here and for me to be doing literacy part time. But, we know God knows best, and so our ultimate prayer is that He be in control of our lives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiert said...

Wow! I can totally understand your frustration. What a crazy system! I would be frustrated as well, especially since great teachers (like you and Ian) aren't exactly beating down the district office door. I will pray. Thanks for sharing your journey.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home