Thursday, June 15, 2006

Waiting....

Well, it seems things are up in the air for my summer school job....AGAIN. I was told that they have to look around and see if there is anyone else who wants the job first, then, if no one else wants it or is more qualified, I can have it.
I must admit, my pride REALLY reacted to this. I have felt betrayed, unappreciated, and basically screwed (Sorry for the salty language). And now I don't know what to do. Do I even want to work for these people? I don't know. But, will it hurt my future prospects for the fall if I don't? I don't know. Would I rather just stay home this summer and focus on the two classes I am taking, or do tutoring or something else instead? I don't know. So, I am waiting. Waiting to figure out what I want. And waiting to find out what the school is going to do.
Please pray for me. I am tired of feeling frustrated and confused. And pray that God's hand brings about what He wants in all this, because I am just clueless...

3 Comments:

Blogger LaTonya said...

I'll be praying for you, Lou.

LaTonya

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lou,

I know...its a frustrating place to be. I was in a similar place last summer when my job was falling apart. Your pride takes a hit when you're offered a pay cut or a severance check. :( (Tim had similar job problems and blows to the ego.)

But we prayed about it, trusted God, and both Tim and I are so happy where God brought us. I can't tell you the answer (obviously). But I will tell you I'll be praying for you, and that He's in control. :) Sometimes that was the only thing that kept me believing everything would be ok. You're an excellent educator, Lou. And wherever you end up will be so lucky to have you in their program (even if they don't know it yet.) ;)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Ian Batstone said...

thanks, Kass, for the encouragement!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home