Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Waiting No More

Well, for those of you waiting on pins and needles as I have been, the wait is over. I am not teaching summer school.
It is almost funny (almost). I had actually decided yesterday that I was going to tell them at the end of the day that if they still didn't know if I was working, that I would not be available. I left my message and half an hour later they called back and told me that they didn't have a position for me anyway.
I am actually pretty relieved and was praying for this. I did set a boundary, but didn't have to look like a quitter either. And now I get more time home with my baby. So, I am glad about that.
My only struggle is with this overarching sense of injustice and anger. They care more about making sure certain people get to make money, than about helping kids. And that is really depressing. Many of you might think that this is obvious. But, it hasn't been to me. There have been people I have met who I do think care about the kids and doing what is right. But, maybe not if it means making vocal people unhappy. So, I am disappointed. But, one thing I need to learn (again) is that I cannot put my hope in people - only, ultimately, in Christ.
"Preserve me, Oh Lord, for I take refuge in You..."
So, pray for both Ian and I and our Fall positions. And pray I can find a way to make some money to help out this summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lana Joy said...

Erin, I am so proud of you. You did the right thing by setting a boundry. You're right-- it sent the message that they can't yank you around while still remaining eager and willing to do the job for the right reasons.

It is dissappointing when the realities of life sting us, but they can either make us bitter & cynical, or more driven and focused on what's truly important.

I believe God will reward your wisdom... and your demonstration of faith.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

sorry that didn't work out the way you were hoping :(

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home